- Puppy 1 is for puppies between 10 and 18 weeks old at the first class.
- Adolescent/Adult 1 classes are for dogs older than 18 weeks. Your dog should be people and dog friendly.
- A session of dog training classes consists of five weekly, one-hour classes on evenings or weekends at an indoor location.
- Puppy 2 and Adolescent 2 classes are available if you want to continue your training.
- A training manual is included in the enrollment fee.
- The entire family is encouraged to participate.
Goals for Puppy 1 classes
Ability to be comfortable around strangers
Ability to be calm and confident around other dogs
Ability to be relaxed in new surroundings
A soft mouth
Ability to control impulses
At ease with being handled
Sit, Lie down
Don’t jump up
Respond at a distance
Walk well on a leash
Greet a stranger
Goals for Adolescent/Adult 1 classes
Same as for Puppy 1, except more emphasis on undesirable habits common to older dogs. In addition to behaviors learned in Puppy 1, dogs learn to “go to” a requested place.
For more information and to register your dog in a class, please call us or register online.
Locations for Perfect Puppy Academy Classes
Notice: Our Santa Barbara training location has changed. Be sure to make note of the address where your class will take place when you register for classes. We are so excited to have you join us!
Santa Barbara Classes: 733 Carpinteria St, Santa Barbara, CA 93103 https://goo.gl/maps/UvrAvYS2DUJznW8K6
Goleta Classes are held at Girsh Park, 7050 Phelps Rd, Goleta, CA 93117 https://goletavalleydogclub.org/practices/
© Perfect Puppy Academy 2021 All Rights Reserved.